One of my favourite quotes, besides F. Scott Fitzgerald’s that I posted the other day.
thankful thursday :)
just a few things I’m grateful for this week:
- surviving my first week of work! [and starting to like it makes it even better]
- Mr. 2L being as sweet and wonderful as ever :) can’t wait for our date night tomorrow!!
- getting to go home and visit my parents this weekend!! this girl is SOOOO ready for some R & R as soon as possible!!!
- getting my property grade back tonight and actually being happy with it…one down & 4 to go! [fingers crossed the rest are just as good!]
- surviving this
law review write on process[almost halfway there!]
- and [as always] a comfy apartment, good friends & good drinks that are always there to help get through the week
feeling extra fortunate tonight :)
counting down to Bermuda!! would much rather be there instead of rainy Baltimore today
write on, gym, work, sleep, repeat
my life for the past week….
It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.Paulo Coelho | via sabinaaa (via littlelaur)
middle of the week musings
ahhh FINALLY a night to relax on my couch with a glass of wine [while catching up on some more tv season finales]. work has gotten A LOT better and I’m really starting to get the hang of it. I work 2 more shifts before an impromptu trip HOME to see the best momma & daddy in the world :) a trip back to NJ has been way overdue and I’m ready to be spoiled for a few days [and get to go to the salon for highlights & a pedicure]. EXACTLY the mini vaca I need before starting my second job.
also, Mr. 2L and I had an awesome time at the O’s/Yankees game on monday night. We drank endless beers, ate some good ballpark food and found ourselves on the Kiss Cam for the entire stadium to see during the 7th inning. It was all pretty hilarious actually because of course I wasn’t paying attention and all of a sudden Mr. 2L grabbed me and the whole crowd got quite a laugh out of that. It was one of the funniest, most romantic and awesome moments of my life [and we smiled and laughed about it the whole way home]. it was definitely a very special night!
not much else to report from week #1 of summer 2013…aside from working on the law review write on, I’ve just been
working, working out, trying to see friends now that I’m out of law school prison and planning fun stuff with Mr. 2L!
Here’s to being halfway through the week!